The day after his arrival in Petrograd at the Finland station, Lenin published an important document, known as the April Theses. Here are the main points:
- Oppose World War 1.
- The February revolution marks a transitional stage to a full socialist revolution.
- The unelected Provisional Government should not be supported – its errors must be exposed by the Soviets.
- The Soviets must progress and will develop into full state power.
- The Soviet republic will not be a parliamentary republic. All officials will be elected, paid at an average wage and will be subject to recall.
- Landed estates and banks will be confiscated and nationalised.
- Production and distribution to be under the control of workers’ soviets
- A new International to be established